About this program
Phase 1 of The Functional Physique sets the standard for what's ahead. Our goal here is to gain muscular endurance and to begin your transformation journey on the right path. You will directly train your legs 3 times per week, but you could argue they get a little something every day. You will hit your biceps and triceps directly twice per week. But, this is a functional program? Yes. We didn't neglect the compound movements that are the foundation of a functional physique and we didn't leave out stability and core work. You'll utilize various different conditioning methods like High Intensity Repeat Training, High Intensity Interval Training, and Low Intensity Sold State Training.
Series 1 Specs:
- Intermediate to advanced. Need beginner level Olympic Weightlifting experience.
- Barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, pulley system, SkiTrainer, Rower, AirBike, Treadmill, wall ball, slam ball, sandbag, mace, sled, TRX.
- Functional Training, Weightlifting, Strength & Conditioning
Training Days per Week
- 4 Weeks
Day 1 Legs, Biceps, HIRT
- Tempo Back Squat 3x3 @135lbs 3-1-3
- Rope Hammer Curl 9x5 as pyramid (ex: 50-60-70-60-50)
- 10 Minute EMOM
- 10 KB Russian Swings @heavy weight