About this program
Obstacle Course Racing has become an international phenomenon and Spartan Race is at the top of the sport. Designed by our TeamReach Spartan SGX coach, this program is for those who not only want to participate in a race but compete to win. This program is designed for the Sprint Series (around 5-mile distance) but can be tailored for those wanting to compete in the longer distance races (Super, Beast, Ultra Beast).
Strength training is often overlooked by most individuals training for obstacle course racing. But don't worry; we've built a program to help you build the strength and fortitude to conquer the most grueling obstacles the races have to offer.
Series 1 Specs:
- Intermediate to advanced. Beginner to no Olympic Weightlifting experience.
- Barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, pulley system, SkiTrainer, Rower, AirBike, Treadmill, wall ball, slam ball, sandbag, sled.
- Strength and Conditioning, Multi-sport
Training Days per Week
- 4 Weeks, but can be repeated if desired.
Day 1 Stength and Conditioning
- 3 Rounds for time
- 600m Run
- 200m Sandbag Zercher Carry
- Double KB Row 5x10
- Double KB Clean and Jerk 5x10
DAY 6 STENGTH AND Hypertrophy
- Deadlift 5x5
- 8 Minute EMOM
- 5 Power Cleans @70%